Sunday, March 1, 2009

They are here!!





















Well the girls are here! My water broke Tuesday February 17th when we were leaving our last childbirth class. I called the doctor and they said to get to the hospital, thank goodness we were just across the road! When we got there they said I was in labor and had already started dilating. They immediatly gave the medicine to stop labor, it was weird they were saying I was having contractions but luckly was not feeling them yet. The doctor on call that night said he hoped that they could keep me pregnant a few more days or even another week since I was on 33 weeks along. David and I were awake the entire night freaking out and worrying about the babies. Wednesday morning the pain started!! I thought it was associated with the "pulled muscle" in my back but Dr. Shrout said the pain I had been feeling the past couple of days was labor. When she got there late Wednesday night she decided that she needed to take the babies b/c of low fluid and I was even more dilated. So an hour after she came the babies were born. The past week and a half have been a roller coaster. The girls had to go the NICU and have been doing pretty good except for eating. Now 13 days later the girls are coming home tomorrow. I am ready and scared to death at the same time. I know its going to be crazy around here for a few days but thank goodnesss I have my Mom here to help for 3 more weeks! More updates to come.






1 comment:

Shelly said...

My future daughter-in-law's are just beautiful. They have so much hair! My boys will be 7 weeks old on Friday and it somehow (even though there have been some very long days AND nights) it doesn't seem like they should be this old yet. The next few weeks will be a fog, but hang in there and just remember: It WILL get better!!
Much love!
Shell

Powered By Blogger